First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced the breakdown of a lifeline £100 million financial package to support businesses experiencing cancellations due to the rapid spread of the new Omicron variant.
The £100 million support package is broken down into:
- £66 million for eligible hospitality businesses
- £20 million for the culture sector
- £8 million for food and drink supply chain businesses including wholesalers
- £3 million for the wedding sector
- £3 million for the worst affected businesses in the tourism sector, including international inbound tour operators
Final details of the funding available and how to apply is being determined in discussion with business organisations and will be published next week. Eligible hospitality businesses will be contacted directly by their local authorities and will not need to apply for support.
Food and Drink wholesalers can apply for funding through a re-run of the Scottish Wholesale Food and Drink Resilience Fund in January 2022.
Guidance has also been published to enable businesses to take reasonable measures to limit the rapid spread of the Omicron variant.
Read more here.