The Best Bar None accreditation and award scheme will be returning this year and offers our wonderful hospitality venues the opportunity to highlight to customers the efforts that go into making Aberdeen a safe and welcoming social and cultural hub. Best Bar None works with the licensed trade to achieve excellence in hospitality, effectively making Scotland’s towns and city centres more attractive places for people to live, work and visit. It focuses on public safety and customer care and offers each venue an opportunity to demonstrate that it is committed to addressing important issues in line with five high-level objectives of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 as follows:
- Prevention of Crime and Disorder
- Public Safety
- Prevention of Public Nuisance
- Promotion of Public Health
- Protection of Children from Harm
The scheme focuses on public safety and customer care and gives each licensed venue the opportunity to prove that they meet a certain standard of operation - a standard which has been set at a national level through consultation with the government and the alcohol industry.
- Scottish Government
- Police Scotland
- The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Licensing Boards
- The Scottish Licensed Trade Association
- Purple Flag
- many other local partners.
What are the benefits to your business by becoming a Best Bar None accredited venue?
- Best Bar None gives you the chance to show your staff and customers that your venue has an interest in their safety and security on a night out.
- It increases the chances in seeing a reduction in crime and the fear of crime in your venue by following good practice guidelines.
- It improves communication with the police and licensing board so that there is a greater understanding of issues on all sides.
- It provides an opportunity to have an inspection carried out in your venue by a qualified expert to identify good practice and get advice on a range of issues.
- It gives you a chance to demonstrate your commitment to a cleaner, safer, better city.
- It gives you access to professional advice on community safety, crime reduction and business continuity issues for management and staff.
- Most importantly, it gives you the opportunity, through the application process, to focus on the key elements of the Licensing Act.
- Best Bar None raises the profile of our City as a safe place where people can enjoy a fantastic night out.
- Support from partners to raise your venues standards
- Reward your team with a night-out to the awards ceremony
If you are interested in your premise(s) taking part please indicate your intent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information attached here.