For four hours, from 1pm on Sunday 15th March, Aberdeen’s city centre will be transformed to an exhilarating a playground of brass, beats and boogying as the hot sounds of the Aberdeen Jazz Festival spill out onto the streets for Jazz On The Green,the city’s one-of-a-kind outdoor music event. Thanks to sponsorship from Aberdeen Inspired Jazz On The Green, admission is free for all!
The party atmosphere and family-friendly vibe of Jazz on the Green have established it as a key event on the Aberdeen music calendar. Drawing on some of the finest Scottish musical talent set alongside exciting Aberdeen acts, producers are preparing for a high turnout.
The party atmosphere of Jazz On The Green is centered around two outdoor stages, located in the atmospheric Green, and The Bandstand on the St Nicholas Shopping Centre Roof Terrace. The fun continues with indoor line-ups in Carmelite and the Tunnels and joining the existing line-up are The Douglas Hotel and Aberdeen Art Gallery.
The acts confirmed to perform are:
- Aberdeen University Jazz Band – playing the classic big band tunes
- Aberdeen University Jazz Orchestra – music from the big band era
- Alan Benzie & Michael Butcher – leading jazz piano and saxophone duo
- Colin Black With Konrad Wiszniewski – jazz guitar meets jazz saxophone
- Colin Black Trio – classic jazz guitar tunes from trio with strong group dynamic
- Dope Sick Fly – funk-rap masters delivering a rock, poetic, acid jazz fusion
- Full Fat Band – rock-blues-with an alternative new edge
- Guarana Street Band – Aberdeen community street drumming band
- Hamlet – high-energy jazz fusion collective
- Leppard and the Big Cats – soul, funk and Motown party band
- Oceans 3 – top Rat Pack band singing the great American songbook
- Viper Swing – vintage gypsy jazz band, evoking the 1920s to 40s
Jazz on the Green is sponsored by Aberdeen Inspired, Creative Scotland, Aberdeen City Council, Carmelite, Merchant Quarter and hosting venues.
Jazz On The Green Producer, Keith MacRae, said “We have a strong line-up this year and the acts are really looking forward to playing for the Aberdeen crowds. It’s such a unique event for Aberdeen, and we’re delighted to be able to put on such high-quality acts free for the public.”
Adrian Watson, Chief Executive of Aberdeen Inspired, said: “We have been delighted to see the festival grow each year with our support and Jazz on the Green is a big part of that. The atmosphere down on the Green for this event, with performances against the backdrop of Nuart Aberdeen street art, really is something else and we would encourage those in the region and further afield to come and enjoy an eclectic range of jazz at the Green and venues throughout Aberdeen.
“The city centre will welcome the jazz enthusiasts in their thousands and with a fantastic retail, hotel and wider hospitality offer on the go, so why not make a weekend of it and enjoy everything on offer.”
See programme below
For details about the full Jazz on the Green programme, visit www.aberdeenjazzfestival.com.
For more information, interview requests, images or full listings, please contact:
Aberdeen Jazz Festival:
Fiona Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 467 3660
Jessica Murphy Jessica.Murphy@aberdeeninspired.com or 01224 566291